Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Slice of Our Love Story

Nearly a year and six months ago we got engaged. And Michael did a perfect job sweeping me off my feet in a surprise proposal. Earlier that day, he snuck into town without telling me, took my father out for coffee, and asked him for my hand in marriage. My dad gave his 100% approval with a tasteful amount of serious fatherly interviewing. My father then made the arrangements for everyone but me to be out of the house.
So, there I was at my parents house - by myself - eating a piece of toast when Michael knocked on the door. After brushing the toast crumbs off my cheek, he read me a letter he'd written. I caught the sight of a shiny object tied to the paper as he undid the string to hold the ring out to me. There on my doorstep, he got down on one knee, and asked if I would marry him. Yes! I would! And we did - June 21st, 2008. We made this video just a few hours later in a moment of spontanious inspiration. And we sent it to our friends around the country to annouce our engagement. Enjoy!

1 comment:

We sure do love comments. Won't you please leave us one?